Upon its debut, Wai-Ching has revolutionized the wedding dress. Using exclusively organic, hand-dyed silk, and trained in the art of couture, Chrissy has created bridal wear that astonishes. Sexy, exotic, and fiercely colorful, Wai-Ching has elevated the wedding dress from the pack. Finally, bridal wear that celebrates life.
Wai-Ching was started in Seattle by Chrissy Wai-Ching Leung. Chrissy was working as a fiber artist and decided to meld her textile and surface design with figure flattering cuts and a global aesthetic.
The company specializes in custom dresses, bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses, and colorful wedding dresses. Wai-Ching provides green, eco-friendly bridalwear, custom clothing, and kimonos in silk, hemp,
and other natural fibers.
All the pieces are handmade in Seattle.
Wai-Ching offers custom fits and designs, as well as custom colors and embroidery.
Read Wai-Ching Yelp reviews here.
How I cater to Offbeat Brides
Wai-Ching brings Asian flair together with contemporary textile design to create art as unique as the wearer.
Wai-Ching studied textile technology, art and design, and fashion in France, Hong Kong, and the United States.
A true artist, Chrissy has shown her fiber art at various galleries and museums around the country.
Examples of my work
Previous Offbeat Bride features:
- Silk wedding dresses from Wai-Ching
- Wai-Ching does it again
- Wai Ching wedding party — with a dress for the groomsgirl!
- Chrissy Wai-Ching's Puerto Rico wedding
- A visit to Chrissy Wai-Ching's studio
- Weddings with Wai-Ching dresses
Features on other blogs:
- Wai Ching: creative dresses for the Indie bride
- Wai-Ching Avant Garde Wedding Gowns
- Wai Ching Wedding Dresses: Colorful, Creative
- Q&A with Designer Chrissy Wai-Ching
Rate Range [?]